We’ve rounded up some of the current gallery exhibitions on Artsy that focus on queer themes.
- Artsy will be presenting Impact: Black AIDS Institute, an auction in support of ending the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the Black community in the United States, featuring works by Zanele Muholi, Khari Turner, and Jeffrey Cheung, among others. A portion of the Buyer’s Premium will be donated to Black AIDS Institute. Bidding opens, exclusively on Artsy, on June 10th and closes on Friday, June 24th at 12 p.m. EDT.
- Beers London presents “Come Out and Play,” an exhibition of mostly figurative painting by a group of international queer artists whose practice celebrates playful themes. On view through July 16th.
- At Gallery Victor Armendariz, a show of Rick Sindt’s lusciously intimate oil paintings explore the impact of pornography on queer desire. On view through June 24th.
- Religion, masculinity, and homoeroticism come together in Navot Miller’s paintings in a solo show at Braverman Gallery. On view through July 30th.
- PRPGMX presents its 3rd annual Pride exhibition, entitled “El Futuro es Queer.” On view June 11th–July 31st.
- Patrick Bartsch, Florian Hetz, and Sadie Weis all feature in “RISE,” a group show of queer artists at Galerie P6 Berlin. On view through June 30th.
This article was written by Josie Thaddeus-Johns for the June 2022 edition of The Gallerist newsletter.